In 2013, MFH established a five year initiative to expand health insurance coverage in the state. The goal of the Expanding Coverage Initiative is to reduce the uninsured rate in Missouri to less than 5 percent in 5 years. In order to reach this goal, stakeholders across Missouri are convening as the Cover Missouri Coalition to create awareness, facilitate enrollment, and increase health insurance literacy. The RCCCP serves as a Consumer Assistance Site and the Northeast Region Hub overseeing the work of Certified Applicant Counselors (CAC’s) that assist consumers in navigating the Health Insurance Marketplace. CAC’s cover 17 NE Missouri counties and are responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct public education activities utilizing MFH educational materials and messages to raise awareness about Missouri’s FFM.
- Assist individuals in completing the application for health insurance.
- Facilitate* selection of a QHP.
- Provide information about tax credits and subsidies.
- Provide assistance on understanding health insurance terms and how to use health
Contact Patty Hendren, Program Director of Expanded Coverage, at 660.263.7173 x4 for free in-person assistance.